- I have provided storytelling at a wide and diverse range of places such as:
COMING OUT OF LOCKDOWN STORYTELLING
- Bighat Bush Camp, Surrey based Bushcraft Experience provider. I co/facilitated a week of bushcraft skills, along with running a daily Storytelling Workshop, for thirteen children in family/social bubble’s.
- ‘World Storytelling Cafe’, I was requested to co-perform online, a Disney themed storytelling of fairy tales with my friend Su Squire, for a Peterborough based group for children with Learning Disabilities.
- Crick Crack Club, ‘Fairy Tale Confessional’. I am absolutely delighted to have been invited to collaborate with the London and Bristol based Crick Crack Club on a storytelling and art project. I will be working (online) with Artist Sophie Herxheimer. The idea is that I will be sharing my favourite characters and the worlds they inhabit, from my favourite Fairy Stories. As I speak with Sophie, she will be painting my words and imaginings, onto paper with Ink and Brush, in front of me. How cool is that? The painting will then join a gallery of other storytellers who have undertaken the same process. Thus creating multiple voices and Fairy Tale images. A copy of the finished work will then be sent to me as my reward,…… what a unique gift for me to treasure.
- ‘Wednesday Storytelling Online’ club. Sharing a story with a group of storytellers and an online audience.
- Mencap Chelmsford. Two separate evenings of online ‘ Zoom’ Storytelling for the students, one for the adolescents and one for the adults.
- ‘Bighat Bush Camp’, Surrey based Bushcraft Experience provider. I co/facilitated week of bushcraft skills, including some storytelling, for four children in a family/social bubble.
STORYTELLING DURING THE LOCKDOWN OF 2020
‘WORLD STORYTELLING CAFE’
- Delighted to have been asked to contribute a 45 minute storytelling set to the, ‘World Storytelling Cafe’. A virtual gathering, of World Storytellers, during the 2020 lockdown.
- Delighted to have been asked to perform a 2nd set of stories for the ‘World Storytelling Cafe’, during the 2020 lockdown.
- It was lovely to have been asked by a fellow Storyteller Justine De Mierre to perform a joint piece of Storytelling with Folk stories celebrating all things Suffolk.
‘WONDERLAND’ Summer Solstice Free Festival. A festival that was online across the world.
- I was invited to curate several sets of storytelling, with an Environmental and Rewilding theme for the weekend. I liased with 12 professional storytellers. Putting on two storytelling sets.
- I also curated and undertook a one and a half hour interview with professional storyteller and author Amy Douglas. This was part of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller History Month. Amy (from a non-Traveller background) undertook an apprenticeship with renown Scottish Traveller, Duncan Williamson. Duncan (R.I.P) was not only a tradition bearer for his people with regard to Oral Storytelling he was also a renown Ballad singer, as well as an author of some 12 books of Scottish Traveller Folk and Fairy Tales.
DUTCH INTERNATIONAL STORYTELLING COMMUNITY (DISC)
- I was an invited ‘Zoom’, Storytelling guest to the DISC Cafe, in The Hague, Holland.
‘BUSKING IN ZOOMLAND’
- I am a regular invited guest to Busking in Zoomland, a monthly online gathering of Storytellers, Musician’s and Poets sharing their material.
‘ISOLATION MUSIC FESTIVAL’
- Delighted to have been the sole Storyteller to have been asked to contribute an Oral story to this day of World wide online music. To help raise funds for the ‘National Emergencies Trust’, UK. During the 2020 lockdown.
BURTON-ON-TRENT STORYTELLING CLUB
- An invited contributor via ‘Zoom’, to the Burton-on-Trent Oral Storytelling club.
PROJECT 49, Learning Disabled Group. Southend-on-Sea
- Delighted to have been invited to tell some Oral Folk and Fairy Tales, via ‘Zoom’, to the people using the service.
- Latchingdon Primary School, telling tales for all the pupils for World Book Day.
- John Ray Infants School, for a 2nd year, telling stories on World Book Day.
- Clockhouse Primary School, Romford. A full day, telling traditional stories to Years; 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. As part of ‘ World Book Day’ (week).
- All Saints Primary School, Lawshall, Suffolk. A week long residency in the school, running Storytelling workshops for years 3,4,5 and 6, that I designed for National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week and National (Oral) Storytelling Week. With the theme of, “Find My Brave”. In a wonderful collaboration with the Suffolk, children’s mental health charity, ‘FineNotFine’.
- Lyndhurst School, Southwark, London. Winter Fayre Storytelling.
- 270 children at ‘Chatham Green Project’ Schools Farm and Countryside Day, Essex.
- East Kent Sudbury School, Margate. A Self Directed Learning Community, story share.
- Brentwood Prep School, Essex. My 3rd year, Storytelling for the children’s ‘Enrichment Day’.
- Holly Trees Primary School, Brentwood, Essex. My 2nd visit, Storytelling and workshops for the children to enhance their, imaginations, creativity and understanding of story narrative structure.
- World Book Day, John Ray Infants School, Braintree, Essex.
- Ashdown Preparatory School, Forest Row, Sussex
- Steiner Pre-school Forest Row, Sussex
- ‘Blooming Moulsham’ Child-minding after school group, Chelmsford. Resident storyteller for 2 years.
- ‘Tipi Woods’, an Alternative Education setting for Self Directed Learning Community of children. In-house storyteller, for 18 months.
- ‘Tipi Woods’ Forest School Group. In-house storyteller, for 18 months.
- Highwood Primary School, Chelmsford, Essex.
- Kingsfleet Primary School, Felixstowe, Suffolk. Pirate stories and songs for the 5-7 yr old children
- St Marys Primary School, Woodham Ferrers. Essex. Oral Storytelling, for World Book Day
- Christ Church Infants School, Brick Lane, London. All day Storytelling at the school.
- Woodcroft Nursery School, Chelmsford Essex. Songs, nursery rhymes and story.
- Hatfield Peveral, Essex. Childminders and children’s Summer Party.
- Amsterdam Storytelling club, invited to perform a crafted Ancestor story.
- Dutch International Storytelling Community, in Den Haag, invited to perform a crafted Ancestor story.
- I was invited to contribute a Folk Tale for a virtual Storytelling gathering as part of a 2020 Lockdown storytelling event.
- Chelmsford Art & Culture Festival 2018. I was commissioned to curate 9 days of Storytelling throughout Chelmsford.
- Cambridge Folk Festival, (the biggest in Europe), by Special Invitation. Four days of Storytelling.
- Barking Folk Festival, asked back for a 3rd year. The festival’s sole Storyteller all weekend.
- ‘Kenya In The Park’. Storytelling at, “The largest Kenyan Festival in Europe”. Barking Essex. .
- ‘Into The Wild Festival’, my 5th time at this fantastic 4 day festival. I help curate the Storytelling, Spoken Word and Singing.
- The East Anglian Storytelling Festival, for 4 year’s running.
- ‘Larmer Tree Festival’ Wiltshire. A one hour performance to approx 100 people around a camp fire, in a woodland glade.
- Leeds Literature Festival; ‘Leeds Storytelling Takeover’. A weekend dedicated to Oral Storytelling.
- ‘Roots Gathering’, Kent. Asked back for a 2nd year to this micro festival, 3 days of Storytelling.
- Harlequin Fayre, Norfolk. Back for a 2nd year, 3 days of Storytelling and Comparing the music tent.
- Essex Book Festival, telling Oral Pirate Tales and Sea stories on-board, the ex-Pirate Radio Caroline ship, docked in Harwich.
- ‘Culture in the Park’. A multi cultural festival, a 2nd year of telling World stories. Oaklands Park Museum, Chelmsford, Essex.
- National Trust ‘Wood and Craft Fair’ at Ickworth House in Suffolk. My 3rd time Storytelling there. 2 days family storytelling.
- ‘Folk East’, Suffolk, my 3rd year, Storytelling.
- ‘Folk by the Oak’ Festival, Hertfordshire. Telling folk and fairy tales all day.
- ‘Village Green Festival 2019’, Southend, all day telling Oral Stories, as part of a collective of Performance Storytellers.
- ‘The Fling Festival’ 2019, Chelmsford Essex.
- East Anglian Children’s Hospice, Cambridge, ‘Each Summer Festival’, all day storytelling.
- Hare Moon Storytelling Camp, Cambridgeshire, my 2nd time.
- Palace Theatre, Southend. ‘Festival of Stories’ A day of storytelling performances as part of National Storytelling Week.
- Chelmsford Ideas Festival, Cultural Community Tea Party, in the Library, telling family tales all day.
- Chelmsford Ideas Festival, Storytelling at a Children’s award ceremony for a Peace Poetry Competion.
- Chelmsford City Council. Art and Culture Collective, end of year celebration with some Winter Stories.
- ‘Folks Fest 2019’, Storytelling in the centre of the City of Chelmsford, at a mini pop-up festival in collaboration with Mencap
- The ‘Ufford Arts Festival’, Ufford Suffolk. A one hour family storytelling session.
- ‘Ufford Arts Festival’. A two hour adult storytelling, shared with an acoustic singer. Alternating story and song.
- Maldon Essex. ‘Oyster Festival’, all day Family Storytelling, with a Sea & Pirate theme.
- ‘Tipi Woods’ Forest School & Alternative Education setting, Family festival in the woods. Chelmsford Essex.
- ‘Winterfest’ 2016, Arts event in Brightlingsea, Essex.
- ‘ArtSeaMusic Festival’ Family storytelling, Wivenhoe, Essex.
- ‘The Estuary Fringe Festival’ . Special Guest, Southend-on-Sea.
- Special Guest, Storyteller, ‘CompassFest’ Compass’ Inn Suffolk.
- Special Guest, Storyteller, ‘Spill Festival’ Ipswich.
- ‘Beside The Seaside Festival’, Storytelling from a Beach Hut, Dovercourt, Essex.
- Essex Wildlife Trust, Winter Tales, at Belfairs Wood. (Sold Out)
- ‘Winter Gathering’, tales in the woods, for ‘Tipi Woods’, Alternative Education Setting, Essex.
- Essex Wildlife Trust, a summer evening performing ‘Dark and Twisted Tales’ at dusk in the wood. (sold out)
- Invited Storytelling Guest for ‘Woodlife Trails’ a bush craft company working out of Hatfield Forest, a National Trust forest. We sat in the evenings around a camp fire as I told stories.
- Storytelling at a Bushcraft Birthday party for 8 year old girls, in Surry.
- Telling tales and running a Bushcraft Camp Birthday Party for boys, Farnham Surrey.
- Bighat Bushcamp, Sussex, 25 Girl Scouts group, camp fire storytelling.
- Bighat Bushcamp, Sussex, a boys 10 year old birthday party Storytelling in a Wood.
- Storytelling at a 6 day Bushcamp/Nature Experience with adolescent’s, in Staines, Surry.
- Storytelling at a 2 day Bushcamp/Nature Workshop as a teaching aid for Teacher’s, in Staines, Surry.
- Children’s ‘Bushcraft Holiday Club’ in Thaxted, Essex.
- ‘The Wilderness Foundation’ Essex. On their adolescent ‘Out There’ programme
- Outdoor Nature Based Project for Renew Counselling, with year 7 boys, for an Essex School.
- As part of ‘Dying Matters week during isolation 2020, I was asked to contribute an audio story with animation added, for a virtual Dying Matters online event.
- A 2nd time on ‘The Widgeon Theatre Boat’, for February half term, family stories on the Canal Boat, docked at Regents Canal this time .
- Russian Community Group, Chelmsford. Russian Folk Tales.
- ‘The Widgeon Theatre Boat’, London Fields, Hackney Canal. Halloween storytelling for families, on a unique Canal Boat.
- ‘The Bearded Gypsy’, pop-up shop in Chelmsford. Telling folk and fairy tales for children as the parents shop.
- N22 Art Studios Wood Green, London. Two days of family storytelling and the odd song, as part of an Open Day for families.
- Beaulieu Park residents community, Summer Fete, Chelmsford Essex.
- Beaulieu Park residents community, Halloween Storytelling for families, Chelmsford Essex.
- ‘The Mustachio Club’ in Chelmsford. Special Guest telling Halloween Stories.
HMP Family Visitor Centre waiting room, my 4th time Storytelling there, as part of the ‘Essex Book Festival’.
- Cliffs Pavilion, Southend, Guest Storyteller for children, as part of National Storytelling Week 2018.
- Chelmsford Storytelling Events; ‘Tall Tales & Short Stories’. A storytelling evening that I started up 3 years ago. I curate and run the evening, at The Two Brewers public house in Chelmsford. I am supported by a wonderful bunch of other storytellers, poets and musicians.
- Norwich Storytelling Club. Special Guest. Telling a one and a half hour story set, ‘Dark & Twisted Tales’.
- London Dreamtime Story Circle. Invited Guest several times.
- London at ‘The Skip Garden’ storytelling events, St Pancras.
- Cambridge, ‘Othersyde’ Special Guest, telling a set of Folk Stories relating to Landscape and the Countryside .
- Southend Storytelling Club, Anke’s Café, Southend, .
- Leigh-on-Sea, storytelling club at The Fishermans Chapel. Essex.
- Woodbridge Storytelling Club ‘Tapas ‘n’ Tales.
- Ipswich Storytelling Club, Guest Storyteller, Ipswich Suffolk.
- Southend-on-Sea, ‘Voice Box’ spoken word/music event at ‘Twenty One’ .
- Blackmore Folk club Essex
- Cambridge Storytelling Club, as part of a troupe, telling real life ‘Ancestor Stories’. Cambridge.
- Southend-on-Sea, ‘Pint of Tales’ Storytelling event Essex .
- Billericay Storytelling club, The Fold, Essex.
- Sussex Storytelling club
- All Saints Primary School, Lawshall, Suffolk. I had a week long residency in the school, running Storytelling workshops for years 3,4,5 and 6, that I designed for National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week and National (Oral) Storytelling Week. With the theme of, “Find My Brave”. In a wonderful collaboration with the Suffolk, children’s mental health charity, ‘FineNotFine’.
- Holly Trees Primary School, Brentwood, Essex. Storytelling and workshops for the children to enhance their, imaginations, creativity and understanding of story narrative structure Co-facilitator at a Climate Change Workshop, at the Cambridge Folk Festival on how to use Story, to convey your message.
- .’BIG KID Foundation’ Creating and providing a Storytelling workshop and performance for Young People deemed ‘at risk’, from gang violence.
- Storytelling Workshop, delivering an all day workshop with students at ‘Jump Start’ in Bury St Edmunds. In conjunction with ‘Suffolk Art Link’ a project working with adults who have a learning disability.
- Adolescent Mental Health Secure Unit Hospital, A one day Storytelling Workshop Project.
- Mencap Chelmsford, telling Thai Folk Tales as part of a Thai shadow puppet workshop.
- ‘Global Generation’ an Ecology charity, my 4th time telling environmental stories. St Pancras, London.
- Holywells Park, Ipswich. Wassailing Apple tree celebration stories.
- ‘Spring Wood’ May Day Celebration, Ipswich. Family storytelling for the 2nd year running.
VOLUNTERY SECTOR STORYTELLING
- ‘Donate4Refugees’, at The Thenga Café in Kings Cross, London. I was invited back for a 3rd time to be part of a company of storytellers, telling ‘World Tales’, to raise money for this charity, working with refugee children.
- ‘BIG KID Foundation’ Creating and providing a Storytelling workshop and performance for Young People deemed ‘at risk’ of street gang culture..
- ‘Safe Passage’ , A children’s Refugee charity, as Guest Storyteller, in Southend-on-Sea.
- ‘Refugee Week’, Ancestral Stories at St Ethelburga’s, Peace and Reconciliation Center, Bishopsgate, London.
- ‘Calder Bookshop Theatre’, Waterloo, London. Invited storytelling guest for a Charity fund raising event.
- ‘Support 4 Sight’, Chelmsford, a charity working with visually impaired people.
- ‘Support 4 Sight’, Braintree, a charity working with visually impaired people. 2nd year Storytelling in their Braintree club.
- Mencap Chelmsford. A forth year telling World Tales, each year they pick a country to focus on, this year it was India.
- Mencap Chelmsford Adolescent group, Folk and Fairy Tales, for National Storytelling Week.
- Mencap Chelmsford, Adult group, requested Robin Hood themed stories.
- Mencap Chelmsford, Adolescent group, requested Robin Hood themed stories.
- Mencap, Chelmsford Adult group, Folk & Fairy tales, for National Storytelling Week
- Mencap, Chelmsford, Adult group, Scottish Folk & Fairy Tales..
- Mencap, Chelmsford, Adolescent group, Scottish Folk & Fairy Tales.
- ‘Twenty One’, Southend-on-Sea, charity evening, raising money for a Mental Health Charity.
- ‘Ruby Riot’ for Ruby, an 8 year old girl with Retts Syndrome.
- RHS Wisley, back at Wisley for a weekend of family storytelling on Wisley’s suggested theme of, ‘Whatever The Weather’.
- RHS Wisley, an evening of curated Halloween stories.
- Chelmsford ‘Ignite’, attended a Storytelling Symposium.
- ‘The Skip Garden’, Kings Cross, London for a Children’s Birthday Party, in a Yurt
- Halsway Manor, National Centre for Folk Art, Storytelling Weekend. Somerset.
- Emmerson College, Forest Row, Sussex. Telling stories as part of a Ceilidh evening.
- Essex Poetry Festival 2018, reading three of my own poem’s.
- Moulsham Lodge Cub Pack, Chelmsford. Storytelling, preparing them to work on their very own stories, for a writing competition.
- Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. ‘Ten Green Bottles’, music and spoken word venue.
- Braintree Pagan Moot, contributing stories to a storytelling evening for the club.
- ‘Root Camp’ A residential camp for teenagers, in Suffolk. Week 2 students.
- ‘Root Camp’ A residential camp for teenagers in Suffolk. Week 1 students.
- .BUPA The Lodge Nursing Home, Hatfield Peveral. Essex. A Family Day Storytelling.
- ‘Winter Folk & Fairy Tales’ Chelmsford. An event that I organised and curated with the support of 6 other Storytellers.
- Spoken Word event, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.
- Spoken Word event, Palace Hotel, Southend-on-Sea.
- ‘One World Garden’, Hylands House, Chelmsford. A storytelling special event for the service users of Mencap.
- .Storytelling at ‘Poetree Walks’, Suffolk
- Chelmsford, A Street Party for the Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations.
- Groups in my home
- Some of my satisfied customers have kindly provided testimonials for my storytelling.
- Find out more about my Traditional Oral Storytelling for any age and any occasion. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org